Saturday, March 10, 2012

It's hard.

Marrying CC is one of the best things I have done with my life.  That does not, however, mean that it is easy every day.  Do I love him every day?  Yes, though sometimes the "I like you" meter runs a little low.  It is difficult to have a marriage that is centered around a military career, in addition to all of the other day-to-day things that go on/wrong.

So, yes, I'm saying that it is hard to be married.  It's hard to remember that bad times don't last forever.  It's hard to have strings of days where talking is essentially nonexistent, followed by days, weeks, months of geographical separation that add fuel to the fire of discontent.  It's hard to not to take each other for granted.  It's hard for a million reasons.

But, it's easy for one: I love him.  Deep down, through everything, I love him.  I have loved him since the first moment I looked into his eyes when I was barely a teenager.  He is the missing piece of my life.  As I continue to watch the days on the calendar tick away so quickly, with D-day sneaking up silently, I remind myself that I love him.  And, I work on our marriage, making sure it's strong and solid for the next set of rough, lonely months.

It's hard...loving someone that has to leave...but if I had to decide to wait 10 years to see him for only one day or to give up and start a new life without him...that's an easy choice...I can do distance, I can't do losing him.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, i found your blog through another military spouse. Waiting to be together again has been the hardest part I have found as a new military spouse. It's definitely not easy but worth it when I think of how lucky we are.

    ReplyDelete