Sunday, April 22, 2012

Dear CC

Dear CC,

It's been more than 10 years since we started on this crazy ride together...at first as two crazy-in-love young people, then as the crazy-in-love husband and wife.  You would think that after all this time that the separations and goodbyes would be easier.  It's not.  The hurt is overwhelming each and every TDY and deployment.  The loneliness is dark and intimidating...the tears still come as I watch you walk away, lie awake without you, and have to face each day alone.  There are days when I don't know how to keep going - but I do.  Would you like to know why?

Because I love you.  I would wait years to see you for one day.  You are the other piece of me that is always there no matter how far apart we are.  You were meant for me and I knew it the first time I looked in your eyes.  I am blessed to have someone to love so much that it hurts to watch you walk away - how unlucky would I be to just wave goodbye and move on with my day?  Yes, it hurts, but after months apart, I know that I will have an amazing day filled with butterflies in my stomach and the wonder of a first kiss...the overwhelming comfort of an embrace...the mixed blessing of no sleep as I marvel that you are in fact home with me.

I keep going because I am proud of all you do.  I am proud that you give your all to your job - a job you love and are so passionate about.

I make it through because I need to.  I need you. 

I love you, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment