Saturday, April 14, 2012

Oh my.

So, in our world, Saturday mornings mean soccer for Bubba.  And, usually, that is Daddy and son activity where us ladies observe and encourage.  This morning, I say "Time to get ready for soccer!" and hear "Is Dad here?" 
"Uh, no, son, he's not." 
"Who's taking me to soccer?" 
"I am." 
"Oh."

Ouch.  He then tells me that he doesn't want to go.  We get ready anyway, we get there and he halfway pays attention.  I attempt to assist in coaching him and participate in the drills as his partner while toting a toddler and watching a preschooler out of the corner of my eye.  I think I am more tired than he is and he kept telling me he wanted to quit.  This is heartbreaking for me.  I want to make everything okay for him.  I want his dad here, too.  And, we have just started this journey...the next few months are going to be trying.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man I'm sure that was hard! Hopefully it get better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the first few weeks are rough until the kids settle into the momma-only routine...thanks!

      Delete