Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Weighty Issues

SO, in the time that CC has been gone, I have been trying to lose weight.  So far, I'm down about 3 pounds.  It was 5 then stress hit.  Yes, that's right, I admit it.  When I get overwhelmed, I am known to grab ice cream or chocolate or fast food instead of cooking.  I am working diligently to change this though.  I have tried very hard to ensure that I cook dinner and rarely eat out.

In addition, with 3 kiddos, I feel like there is little time to work out.  I have been making a conscious effort to work out after they go to bed in the evening or early in the morning.  My routine is getting more solid and I have seen inches come off.

But, I know that the scale needs to budge, too.  The amount I weigh is not the only important thing and I truly know that.  Yet, I know my weight before I had kids and my weight now is about 30 pounds more than that.  I was strong then.  I was by no means "skinny" and that is simply not realistic for my body type.  I want to be fit and that is my main goal but I know that I need to focus on eating right and exercising in a manner that will help take some weight off of my frame, too.

I am working on sticking to fresh fruits, veggies, and lean protein.  I have cut out soda (and I miss it!) and am drinking green tea and water.  I am working out every day.

I am trying and giving my best, every day.  I hope that I can lose at least 20 more pounds before CC comes home.  In an ideal world, I could lose all 30 before then but I don't want to set myself up to fail.  So, here's to trying...

No comments:

Post a Comment